Putting a new roof on a home is an expensive proposition, but failing to restore your roof or failing to put a sturdy roof on a new home can lead to a host of home woes, including leaks, water damage, and mold. So what if we told you that The Gutterman of TN could provide you with the only roof you’ll ever put on a home? Metal shingle roofs are beautiful and durable, and they outlast traditional roofing materials by decades.
Benefits of metal shingles
Metal roofs have been growing in popularity. They add a sleek, modern look to contemporary homes and they come with a host of benefits. In addition to the metal sheet roof, you can opt to add metal shingles to your roof. These shingles mirror the look of traditional asphalt- or cedar-shingle roofs but with all the benefits of a metal roof. Some of the reasons to install a metal roof include:
• Durability. One of the major reasons people choose to install metal roofs is the longevity of the materials. A metal roof can last approximately 70 years or more. That far outpaces the 12- to 20-year lifespan of a roof built from traditional metal materials.
• Energy efficiency. It goes without saying that metal reflects light. That makes metal roofs an excellent energy efficient option. The metal roofs reflect away sunlight, so your home won’t absorb as much heat. In summer, a metal shingle roof can save you on your home-cooling bills by as much as 25 percent. because your home won’t heat up as quickly under the intense rays of the summer sun.
• Strength. Metal roofs aren’t just built to last under normal conditions; they’re built to last under extreme circumstance. Metal roofs can withstand wind gusts up to 140 miles per hour, they don’t ignite easily in case of a home fire and they’ll hold up to a lightning strike.
• Environmental friendliness. Believe it or not, metal roofing is also environmentally friendly. Most metal roofs are made from between 25 to 95 percent recycled materials. Excess shingles or pieces (and the entire roof itself) can be recycled.
• Quick and easy installation. Metal roofs also provide easy installation. With their lightweight materials and easy installation, you can have a new metal shingle roof much faster than you would if you chose to replace your roof with a traditional asphalt roof.
With all of its benefits and its long lifespan, a metal shingle roof is the only roof you will ever need to install on your house. If you’re sold on a metal shingle roof as the best option for your home — or if you want to learn more about metal shingle roofs before making a decision — call The Gutterman of TN to schedule your consultation today!