Homeowners usually don’t put a lot of thought into their gutters until they begin to fail and cause problems. If your gutters are beyond repair, don’t wait to replace them!
Signs it’s time to repair gutters
If your gutters are failing, you likely will notice some subtle signs around your home that water is no longer being ushered away from your home’s foundation. You also might notice some more obvious problems with your gutters as you clear them of leaves this fall. Some signs your gutters need to be replaced include:
- Peeling paint and rotting woodwork. Failing gutters allow water to cascade down the sides of your home. That can lead to peeling paint and rotting woodwork around your home or your roof line.
- Damaged landscaping. If gutters are failing and water is rushing through a downspout or crack, it can damage the landscape below. If you notice that your landscape washes away in the same spot after every rainstorm, it could be a sign that your gutters are failing.
- Mildew in the basement. One of the more subtle signs of failing gutters is moisture or mildew in your basement. When gutters fail, moisture is no longer ushered away from your home’s foundation. It can moisten the soil around your basement, causing moisture and mildew on your basement’s interior walls.
- Gutters pulling away from the house. One of the most obvious visual signs of failing gutters are gutters that are sagging or pulling away from the home’s roof line. Sagging gutters can allow water to pour down between the gutter and the house, causing serious water damage to the home’s walls, and they can detract from the look of your house.
- Cracks. Once gutters are cracked, they can be nearly impossible to repair. Larger cracks might be easy to notice in any weather, but smaller cracks might only show themselves during a rainstorm, as water comes pouring through them.
- Separated seams. If you have an older gutter system with seams, those seams will pull apart over time. Like cracks, they can be difficult or nearly impossible to repair.
What to do when gutters need to be replaced
If you notice signs that your gutters are failing, call The Gutterman of TN to schedule a consultation today! We can inspect your gutters to help you determine whether they need to be replaced. If they do need to be replaced, we can talk to you about your gutter replacement options, which include:
- The Advantage Gutter and Roofing System. With the Advantage Gutter and Roofing System, The Gutterman’s gutter experts will evaluate your home’s roof line and drainage needs to prevent a comprehensive solution to drainage problems.
- Specialty Gutters. The Gutterman of TN offers a variety of specialty gutters to fit your home’s needs or your taste. Those options include copper gutters or galvalume gutters, round gutters, 7-inch seamless gutters and 7-inch seamless box gutters.
- SafeGuard Gutter Guards. If you are tired of cleaning out your gutters, we can outfit your new seamless gutters with SafeGuard Gutter Guards for a maintenance-free gutter solution.
If your gutters need to be replaced, call The Gutterman of TN today, before your bad gutters can cause damage to your home!